Friday, April 25, 2008

Stubs: Prodigies and Philosophers

As a follow up to the investigation of the stub Article on L. Arnold Hustad, I enjoyed the following e-mail exchnage with him:

>>> Victoria Crowley 04/18/08 4:41 PM >>>
Hello, Dr. Hustad.

I'm doing a project on Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia. You are currently known as a philosopher in what is know as a stub article. Your name is Dr. L. Arnold Hustad. On the Crown faculty page, it's Dr. Arnold L. Hustad. I'm wondering what the most accurate position of the "L" is. And I was also wondering if you would mind me posting your picture on Wikipedia as well as any other biographical information I might attempt to attain?

Sincerely,Victoria

>>> Arnie Hustad 04/21/08 10:14 PM >>>
Hi Victoria!

I guess it would be alright to post a picture on Wikipedia. Actually, I'm not sure who placed the entry there in the first place. Must have been a former student. I'm a rather low profile person, but I don't imagine anyone gets into the short article very often, so I don't have much to worry about.

It is L. Arnold, so Wikipedia is correct. We will have to get the Crown page changed.

I wish you well on your project!

Dr. Hustad
~
I am currently watching his page. The process of uploading a picture is too complex for me - I need to sit down and go through a tutorial to learn.

Here's a quote I thought really resonated with my project, especially with what I just recounted:

“The results indicate that there is a linkage between Wikipedia as a 'working draft of history' and current news events.” (Lih, 2004, p. 19) - (From the article I read that was cited a few blogs ago.)

No comments: